lunes, 14 de julio de 2014

Pregnancy is not always perfect

labor-pregnancy-baby girl-day of birth
Mother in law, William, Sannia and I waiting to meet Isis





Hello again,

Well last time I wrote about pregnancy. Well now it’s the due date and we’re ready to go to the delivery room and have your baby!!!! Actually you’re not ready at all and you have no IDEA what you’re in for!!!
Let’s go back for a bit. During my wife’s pregnancy she unfortunately started to have symptoms of Preterm Labor. On several occasions she had to be hospitalized and spent several days in the hospital. One of the hardest things to contemplate during a pregnancy is the mere thought of having to choose between the Woman you love and a baby that you love but have yet to know. Even though my wife’s life never truly got to the point of having to make that decision, it did go through my mind the moment that she had to be hospitalized. Being with her and watching her lie on the hospital bed was perhaps one of the most difficult moments of my life because you are completely helpless.  Eventually she was released from the hospital and was pretty much confined to be at home and bed rest from about the 6 month term until the birth of our daughter. However, in the time span she was rushed to the hospital 2 more times and we had to call her obstetrician on several occasions as well as visit the Dr. Needless to say it was a nerve wrecking few months. 

Still because there were so many false alarms on November 10th my wife was hospitalized yet again. I had to work on November 11th and really didn’t want to be in the hospital again because I had just had a pretty tough week and was getting prepared for another tough week of work. So my wife was very understanding and pretty much let me go on the 10th and not have to spend so much time in the hospital. The idea was that I’d visit her in the hospital on the 11th wait for the Dr. to tell us that she was “OK” and was going to be released.  I’d take her home leave her resting and we wait for her due date. WRONG!!!!!! What ended up happening was that when I got to the hospital my wife was still having some contractions though we thought it was nothing too serious. WRONG AGAIN!!!!! Once the Dr. arrived she calmly said “hi, OK let’s see” checked her and said “OK so you’re at 3cm. Get ready Daddy today’s the day”. My response was “What? Wait… ummm… What do you mean?” Of course I clearly knew what she meant but was not exactly how my plans for the day were. I immediately called my boss and some co-workers and explained that I would not be working for a few days.

What was the delivery like? I would have to be an award winning writer to be able to detail such an experience because there are no words I can use to describe what it’s like. However, during the delivery I mentioned to my wife “please remind me that from this moment Flowers will never be enough”. It is an incredible process hats off to all the people that work in a field in which they witness the miraculous human body bringing into the world another human being. Even though I admit there was a moment that I had to look away (Yeah that stretches only to a point. So when you see the Dr. reaching for the scalpel, yes that’s exactly what’s going to happen). Regardless, I would not have wanted to be anywhere else at that moment. Being in that delivery room was the best thing for me and I’m happy that I was allowed to share that moment with my wife, Step son and Mother in law. I don’t know why we were all allowed to be in that room but we were and we rejoiced in sharing that moment together.  So guys when that moment arrives do what you can to be there, you won’t regret it. 

Next post I’ll be writing about what it was like to see my little girl for the 1st time in person:-D!!!!

Until next time,

David



Follow on Bloglovin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por tu comentario!!!

Blogging tips