domingo, 15 de junio de 2014

Happy Father's Day - Daddy's Corner First Post



Happy Father’s Day!!!! Well I’m the lucky husband of the most beautiful woman in the world, the most amazing step son I could’ve ever dreamed of and the even luckier father of the most magnificent girl ever!!!!! Thus, no matter what I do this Fathers Day, my first Fathers’ day with my daughter being born, I know I am very fortunate to be able to have such a remarkable family. 

This is my first blog or part of a blog. Coincidently this is also my first and only child. So unlike my wife this is my first experience at being a parent. So for all you first time Dads or soon to be dads reading this I want you to know that it’s the most terrifying, time consuming and exhausting roller coaster ride you’ve ever imagined. However, it is also the most amazing, beautiful, exhilarating, surprising and just overall wonderful feeling you can ever have.

I never expected to have children. I honestly thought I couldn’t even have children (That’s another story). As a matter of fact when I impregnated my wife we were working on other plans and discussing different options for birth control. In hindsight I think we should have had that conversation a month earlier. However, I could not be happier that it didn’t and that my absolutely amazing daughter was born. I can no longer envision what my life would’ve been without her. She’s only 7 months old but she has filled my life with a joy I never could’ve thought possible. A life without her now seems to be incomplete. I’m one of those fathers that have pictures of his daughter on his desk. I spend times of my day at work just staring at those pictures. I realize now why people with children can’t seem to talk about anything else. I see those comedy shows of single people that say we talk about them and all the hard work they are so that they can join you in your misery and laugh ‘cause I used to think that way. Yet now as a parent I realize it is really a lot of hard work. It is completely consuming, challenging and very, VERY EXHAUSTING!!!! But it is worth every minute when I see her beautiful blue eyes look back at me and see her smile. To walk down any path and have people stop me just to get a glimpse at my daughter is a feeling of pride I can’t explain. The love that she radiates is indescribable and the love I feel for her is something I could never explain in words. She is my center, my goal, my heart and my soul. She has become the center of my universe and I could never have asked for a more wonderful person to have become my whole.

My daughter and I


For all those fathers out there who have discovered the beauty of loving your child welcome to this blog. For those about to experience this feeling or have already found out and are probably thinking your life is about to end (It’s not to the contrary your just about to begin), welcome.  In the next blog I’ll begin to speak more about what it’s like to be a first time father, the experience of watching your wife give birth and the overall joy and hard work of parenting. To all you fathers out there HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!! 



Follow on Bloglovin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por tu comentario!!!

Blogging tips